Dá gcruthóinn feidhmchlár ón tús, tá rudaí áirithe ann a dhéanfainn cinnte go gcuirfí i gcrích iad:
- Bileoga Stíle Cascáideacha - trí chiseal amhairc d’iarratais a scaradh ón lárshraith agus ón gcúlchúl, ní gá duit i bhfad níos mó a dhéanamh ná cúpla comhad a athrú chun comhéadan úsáideora do shuíomh Gréasáin a athrú go dinimiciúil. Gairdín Zen CSS léiríonn sé cumhacht CSS go hiontach. Tá an HTML mar an gcéanna ar fud an láithreáin, ach de réir mar a athraíonn tú idir théamaí, cuirtear stílbhileoga nua i bhfeidhm agus athraítear an suíomh. Mholfainn go mór a gcuid leabhar.
- Teimpléad – Page templates are the ‘middle-tier' between your back-end and the front-end. This pulls the actual retrieval code out of the pages and simply has it referenced from a template. The advantage of templates are they assist in separating the wheat from the chaff. Back-end functionality won't break page functionality and vice-versa.
- Comhchód iarratais – you should never have to write the same code twice within the application. If you do, you're writing your application wrong. When you need to make a change, you should only need to make that change in a single llocation.
- Bunachar - sonraí a stóráil i mbunachair sonraí. Teastaíonn i bhfad níos mó oibre chun sonraí a stóráil in aon chiseal eile!
- Comhlíonadh XHTML – as technologies like Content Management Systems, APIs, RSS, and other content integration tools become more prevalent, the transmission of content needs to be simple. XHTML standards are important because content is easily ‘transportable' to other sites, services, or locations.
- Feidhmiúlacht tras-bhrabhsálaí – browsers treat HTML and CSS differently. There are plenty of hacks that ensure cross-browser functionality. You should always be supporting the top 3 browsers in the industry with the latest 3 releases of each. Beyond those, I wouldn't bother… it will be the death of the browser if they can't keep up with the big dogs.
- Feidhmiúlacht tras-ardáin – some functionality is not the same or offered between a PC, Mac, and Linux. If you do all the previous steps, you shouldn't run into trouble, but I would still test to be sure!
Trying to fix plumbing in a home that's already built is costly. Doing good ‘plumbing' up front will save you a lot of money in the long run!
Fuair mé acmhainn iontach darb ainm An Scrutinizer agus é ag léamh blag eile, ar a dtugtar Bearta randamacha. Lastly, if you're looking to become an enterprise application with broad reach and scope, I would be cautious of employees that ignore or don't concern themselves with these items early on. Find folks that care! You're life will be much easier down the road.