Tripp Babbitt's blog and newsletters on Smaointeoireacht Córais Nua i ndáiríre ag fás orm.
Since meeting Tripp at a regional speaking event, he's shared a ton of his knowledge and experience with me directly, in his newsletter, and on his blog.
Ceann de na fáthanna a mbainim taitneamh as a chuid scríbhneoireachta agus ceachtanna an oiread sin is ea go ndéanann Tripp anailís ghnó ar ghnólachtaí agus go minic faigheann sé amach nach mbíonn na tomhais agus na haidhmeanna ag teacht leis na fadhbanna iarbhír.
Case in point was a company that measures the number of customer support calls and rewards its customer teams based on the volume of calls they're able to complete. As Tripp explains, the company didn't analyze why they were getting the calls and what the cost of a customer service team was as compared to correcting the fadhbanna fréimhe ba é sin ba chúis leis na glaonna sa chéad áit.
The problem and the symptom are divided between two departments that never work with each other and don't have common goals. There's no benefit to fixing the original issue since the problems it causes are simply handed off to the next department.
For quite some time I've been an advocate of a fháil amach cad a oibríonn agus mionchoigeartú a dhéanamh air, rather than concentrating on what doesn't work.
Tá a lán de ceannairí cáiliúla and business systems that believe in the opposite… they'll tell you that if you're 99% successful, you should be working to improve that last 1%. It's an infinitely frustrating process and leaves a trail of fired and frustrated employees.
Creidim go n-uasmhéadaíonn ceannairí, cuideachtaí agus straitéisí rathúla an rath seachas iarracht a dhéanamh an teip a íoslaghdú:
- In social media, I've been an advocate for cuideachtaí a chumasú agus a chumhachtú chun na meáin shóisialta a úsáid seachas rialacha agus teorainneacha a chur i bhfeidhm.
- Déanaim iarracht blagáil a chinntiú go mbaineann an t-ábhar a scríobhaim leis léitheoirí a spreagadh teicneolaíochtaí nua a thriail seachas iad a sheachaint.
- Mar cheannaire, creidim i tallann na bhfostaithe a mheaitseáil le riachtanais na heagraíochta rather than trying to force employees into positions of assured failure. If you have a wrench, don't tell it that it's not a good hammer. Go get a hammer if that's what you need.
- In online marketing, it's essential that you continue to tweak what works with your online marketing rather than trying to figure out fixing what never worked. Of course you should experiment when opportunities arise, but push your audience in the direction of success rather than trying to simply avoid failure.
- Even as a parent, I've found this method a far healthier one. If my kids loved Math (which they do) but didn't like Social Studies, I didn't make them read history books every night… I encouraged them more in Math. (I did demand decent grades across all subjects, though). Both my kids have great grades… and my son is now an honors student at IUPUI, in Math and Physics.
Bhí mé ag léamh fiú ag Sparkpeople, suíomh dóibh siúd againn atá róthrom agus ag iarraidh a bheith sláintiúil, gur léirigh staidéir le déanaí go bhfuil daoine aclaíocht ar feadh 10 nóiméad sa lá níos mó rath a bheith acu ná iad siúd a oibríonn amach an 90 nóiméad forordaithe. Soláthraíonn an cleachtadh is giorra mothú ar éacht (seachas aclaíocht) agus ba dhóichí go gcloífeadh daoine leis an ngnáthamh.